An amazingly rich context for the legend of Four Thieves Vinegar is reveled with even minimal research.
- 10 Good Things We Owe To The Black Death includes the perfume industry as one of the benefits that emerged. Lots of that section will be familiar to those who know the legend of Four Thieves Vinegar.
- What Caused Black Death and Could It Strike Again?
- The Only Thing, Historically, That’s Curbed Inequality: Catastrophe
The Cosmic Connection
- This review of the book New Light on the Black Death: The Cosmic Connection which makes a convincing case that the Bubonic Plague was caused by comets.
- Here’s an article links a piece of Halley’s comet to “Justinian’s plague” in A.D. 541-542 — the first recorded emergence of the Black Death in Europe. A chunk of the comet likely slammed into Earth in A.D. 536, blasting so much dust into the atmosphere that the planet cooled considerably, a new study suggests. This dramatic climate shift is linked to drought and famine around the world.
- Black-Death Survey Reveals Incredible Devastation Wrought by Plague
- The prevalence of black plague pits in London is refuted in this article regarding the abscence of plague pits in conjunction with the London subway system.
- The Bug that Lost a Few Genes to Become Black Death
- No, Rats Are Not Exonerated from the Black Death
- 2013 Madagascar
- Bubonic Plague Outbreak in Madagascar Leaves Dozens Dead
- Madagascar village ‘hit by bubonic plague’
- Madagascar is just about the only country still struggling with the bubonic plague
- 2010 – 2013
- Small Outbreaks Happen Regularly All Over the World